[Owncloud] Is that a way to limit the number of LDAP(AD) users?

Niccolò Avico niccolo at avico.it
Thu Jun 13 17:24:37 UTC 2013

Il 13/06/2013 14:12, Naruto cartment idiot ha scritto:
> Dear owncloud team:
>      Sorry for my poor english!
>      To limit the number of LDAP users doesn't mean get a Limited ldap
> users array,I mean,for example,I got 1000 users in my ad,but i just
> expect that only 200 users can log in my owncloud and owncloud
> client.I do some research about the source code. It  seems that every
> time i type my ad user account in the login box then click login,
> owncloud do a search in the ldap server,if it find the correct account
> in the ldap server,it login successfully,right?
>      So is that a way to limit the number of AD users?

Hi, you must create a specific group in your AD and then reference it in
the USER FILTER field, in a way such as:

(&(memberOf=CN=Grp_Sec_Owncloud,OU=SEGURANCA,OU=GRUPOS,DC=yourcompany,DC=yourTLD)(sAMAccountName=%uid)(!(userAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.804:=2)))

where Grp_Sec_Owncloud is the AD group, in my case.

Greetings.

Niccolò