[Owncloud] ownCloud at TU Berlin

Thomas Hildmann oc.experts at tubit.tu-berlin.de
Thu Jun 6 19:33:39 UTC 2013

Hello Test Pilots!

I want to introduce the oc.experts at tubit.tu-berlin.de and me as one of its members. My name is Thomas Hildmann. I lead the ownCloud project at Technische Universität Berlin together with Markus Hohenhaus. The oc.experts mailing-list has six members now (decision makers, project leaders, developer, administrators) all "ownCloud experts" from their point of view. tubIT as the IT service center of the university started ownCloud as a cloud storage solutions for all 45.000 members of the university. At the moment we are running an environment with a load balancing cluster, 10+ web-server, 5+ database server and 2 filer (a detailed description of this installation is on the way). Students got a quota of 10 GB, every staff member got 50 GB space.

How we could contribute ...

- discuss about new features regarding big environments
- testing new release candidates and features
- testing compatibility with MySQL/Galera database cluster
- performancetests with MySQL/Galera cluster
- verifying reported issues possibly related to our environment

We are looking forward being part of the ownCloud Test Pilots!

Best regards,
Thomas Hildmann

--
Dr.-Ing. Thomas Hildmann
Abteilungsleiter

Technische Universität Berlin
tubIT - IT-Service-Center
Abteilung Infrastruktur

Sekr. EN 50, Einsteinufer 17, 10587 Berlin
Telefon: +49 (30) 314-23226
Telefax: +49 (30) 314-21060
thomas.hildmann at tu-berlin.de

www.tubit.tu-berlin.de