[Owncloud] Update 5.0.7 uncontrollable encryption

Nicolas Mora nicolas at babelouest.org
Fri Jun 7 19:18:06 UTC 2013

Bjoern Schiessle <schiessle at owncloud.com> a écrit :

> Not directly. The file content you (Nicolas) showed to us is the
> encrypted file. It is totally OK if you see it if the encryption app is
> disabled. If the app is enabled the file should be automatically
> decrypted. After you enabled the app it is important that you log out
> and than log in again so that the encryption app can decrypt your
> private key.
>
> Can you try to enable the encryption app, log-out, log-in again and
> than try to open one of your files?

Yup, still not working.

My steps were the following :
1- Logged out, relogged in
   => files not readable (encrypted)
2- deactivated encryption, logged out, relogged in
   => files not readable either but that's normal
3- reactivated encryption, logged out, relogged in
   => files still not readable

I see nothing related to encryption in the logs

I did some other tests:
I created a text file during encryption disabled, called test.txt, no
problem, I can open it
When encryption is enabled, I created another text file, retest.txt,
wrote into it, then saved. This file is correct, decrypted on the web
interface, and encrypted on the hard drive. But, for some reason, I
see a new file which is empty and has the name retest.txt.etmp, that
was created at the same time.
The first file (test.txt) is still readable.

Maybe there's a encrypted files index somewhere that is empty ?