[Owncloud] My feedback about ownCloud 5

Jonathan Gazeley Jonathan.Gazeley at bristol.ac.uk
Wed Jun 5 22:15:56 UTC 2013

For what it's worth, I'm testing ownCloud as an individual, before
deciding to rely on it. I want to sync files between 2 or 3 computers; I
am the only user, but I have a lot of data (about 500GB). Some of the
data is big files (multi GB in a file, for video editing) and some of it
is lots of small files (photo library or MP3 library).

However I've found it to be quite unreliable - often files get missed
and not synced, duplicates/conflicts appear and other nasties I wouldn't
expect. So it's a nice concept, but not quite ready to be trusted yet. I
look forward to the day when I can retire my NFS share and filthy rsync
script for broken two-way syncing :)

Cheers,
Jonathan