[Owncloud] My feedback about ownCloud 5

Tornóci László tornoci.laszlo at med.semmelweis-univ.hu
Wed Jun 5 19:26:26 UTC 2013

On 06/05/2013 04:20 PM, Jakub Moscicki wrote:
> Hi Laszlo et all,
>
> I think it is very useful to exchange experiences and I would like to learn from yours...
>
> Would you mind sharing how many users do you have and what is the scale of the use (files, file sizes, daily transfers)? Are all your users in one site or are they distributed?
>
> What kind of configuration are you running server-side? And do you possibly know if you have many client platforms on your system?
>
> I am very puzzled because it appears that different people have radically different experiences - such as shown in this email thread - and I wonder where this comes from. Maybe there is some server side configuration that works better then others…  or maybe different scale or set of client platforms...
>
> Many thanks,
>
> kuba

Hi kuba,

I have OC 5.0.6 on RHEL 6.4, mysql 5.1.69, php 5.3.3. Authentication is
against 389 Directory Server (LDAP). This is a new service, with only
about 80 users (with little IT knowledge - employees of a medical
university). Usage is very modest yet, I only have 2 users with > 10 GB
of files. People mostly use it as a file server replacement. Most access
is through the web interface, some people use NetDrive on windows for
webdav access. Only a couple of people use syncing (I don't encourage
them to use it - I'm waiting for the next release that promises not to
generate conflict files).

					Yours: Laszlo