[Owncloud] group sharing and time limit

Simon GARESTE simon.gareste at scilab-enterprises.com
Tue Jun 4 09:21:57 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have a little problem, which I don't know if it is or can be
considered as a bug or if I should develop an app or something to work
it around, so I came here to see your opinions.

On owncloud 5.0.3 (will upgrade to 5.0.6 soon, thanks for the frequent
releases), we have a specific user that share a lot of files. We want
all of these files to be accessible for a specific group, and some of
these files to be available also by direct link download, but only for a
period of time (whereas it's infinity access for the specific group).
Right now, if we put the time limitation on one file, after the date the
file won't be available whether by direct link (which is all good from
our perspective) nor by the shared folder in our users' folders (which
is not good for us).

So. Would this be considered a bug, or a normal behavior (I would think
so myself) and we have to tweak it some way? What do you think would be
the best course of action, developing an app to check everyday that all
the files of this user are made available for the group, or develop an
app to do so, or tweak the system to specify that the limitation time is
only for the direct link type sharing?

On a side note, would it be possible to add an option to decide which
day is the first of the week ?

Thanks

Simon