[Owncloud] API owncloud authentication?

Tom Needham tom at owncloud.com
Sat Jun 1 19:36:42 UTC 2013

It depends on exactly what you are trying to do.

1: Externally determine if a user exists

Use the OCS api call person/check. See http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/open-collaboration-services/

2: Determine if a user exists within an ownCloud app

Use OCP\User::userExists() and OCP\User::checkPassword()

3. Create a custom app that asks for ownCloud auth credentials before access

Create a php file and use OCP\User::checkLoggedIn(). Or if you are creating an api, use OCP\API::register() as Bernhard mentioned. See the docs that he linked to.

Cheers,
Tom

--
Tom Needham (tom at owncloud.com)