[Owncloud] large files limitation (2+ gigs) on sync client on windows

Paul Tanner subcog at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 01:00:56 UTC 2013

First time posting to this group, so forgive me if I am breaking any
standards!

There appears to be an issue with windows clients syncing that restricts
files to 2 gigs.

Some of us have been discussing this on the forums.  The current hypothesis
is that this is specifically an issue with running the client on windows,
rather than a server issue.

srfreeman indicated that his group was able to bypass these issues with a
PAE patch for windows and some chipset drivers.

We wanted to make sure that the owncloud team was aware of this issue, and
that this issue should be added to the owncloud documentation, at least to
communicate to users that they likely won't be able to sync larger files
with the windows client.

Here is some discussion on the forums:
http://forum.owncloud.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13148
http://forum.owncloud.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=13322