[Owncloud] Shared Folder Permissions

cw chiawwei at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 02:29:14 UTC 2013

hi, any great gurus out there, I have 2 questions regarding owncloud to ask.

1. When user1 shares a folder (namely photos) with user2, the permissions
set by user1 on photos are auto-inherited to the files and folders inside
photos, is this correct? e.g. if I allow "update" and "share" for photos, so
all files and folders inside photos automatically have the "update" and
"share" permissions.

2. If above answer is yes, can I "break" the rule, e.g., if I only allow
"update" and "share" for photos, all files and folders inside photos
automatically have the "update" and "share" permissions but there is one
particular file inside photos that I want to give it an extra permission,
that is "delete". Can I do this?

>From my observation, it seems can't be done.

Any reply is deeply appreciated, thanks.