[Owncloud] (very) large files support in own cloud

Jakub Moscicki Jakub.Moscicki at cern.ch
Thu Jul 11 14:02:49 UTC 2013

Hello,

Thank you for all reactions.

If I get it well the problem should be fixed in the upcoming versions of PHP or there is an option of manual fix as a workaround. I will give it a try.

I have made a test with mirall sync client for 8GB file but I was not very successful: https://github.com/owncloud/mirall/issues/751
There are some useful hints there already so I will be following up there.

I think the value in this particular usecase is to be able to easily download a file by an external person - so preferably with a browser. However an open standard protocol such as SFTP should also be fine for his purpose. Are you suggesting setting up a completely independent SFTP service on the same server where owncloud is running? This could work for anonymous downloads but I am not sure how uploads would be handled: Authn/Authz and consistency of sync DB on the server (to make sure the server is aware of files appearing in the repository). I think that opening a possibility to interface owncloud with something like SFTP looks like a very good idea and may be useful in general context.

I also find it a good idea to build specific tools above the C lib of owncloud - will keep that in mind.

kuba

--

On Jul 11, 2013, at 11:23 AM, Robert Sander <r.sander at heinlein-support.de<mailto:r.sander at heinlein-support.de>>