[Owncloud] Unexpected behavior of cron.php

Pierre Crepier pierrecrepier at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 12:47:24 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Since a few days I am trying to set-up my crontab correctly to have a
correct execution of cron.php. Yesterday night I thought I was finished
with this after learning a few options of the php cli mode: it was working,
the background job was running and the news app was being updated.

I was calling the script directly from the command line with the following
command :
php -c myphp.ini -f cron.php

then I configured the cron task :
0,30 * * * * path/to/cron.php

And then surprise this morning :
{"app":"PHP","message":"Undefined index: HTTP_HOST at
pathToOwnCloud\/lib\/request.php#42","level":2,"time":1373113801}
{"app":"PHP","message":"Undefined index: SCRIPT_NAME at
pathToOwnCloud\/lib\/request.php#93","level":4,"time":1373113801}

and this blocks the whole execution of the script at each cron execution ...

if I call the script manually then everything works fine!

Does anyone has the same problem / know how to solve it ?

the php.ini file I am using is an exact copy of the ini file use for the
cgi mode

Cheers,
P. Crepier
Pierre CREPIER