[Owncloud] Is exporting of addressbooks possible - maybe using cron?

Mark Ziegler mark.ziegler at rakekniven.de
Mon Dec 30 16:23:20 UTC 2013

Am 08.03.13 14:41, schrieb Thomas Tanghus:
> On Friday 08 March 2013 10:19 Chris Green wrote:
>> I want to be able to copy addressbooks in and out of owncloud
>> automatically.  I have owncloud running on my own server at home so I
>> have direct access to it.
>>
>> What would be useful would be a way to export the addressbook at
>> intervals.  Could this be done using cron?  I can't find any
>> documentation on the owncloud cron.
>>
>> I guess I could simply DIY it by reading the database directly, that's
>> not so difficult but I was just wondering if someone had done it
>> already.
> In the Contacts UI settings you get the CardDAV URL, something like
> http://localhost/owncloud/remote.php/carddav/addressbooks/chris/contacts
>
> Append '?export' to the end of that URL and enter your credentials.
>
> Test with wget or curl. I use wget for my backups:
>
> wget --auth-no-challenge --http-user=chris --http-password=xxxxxxxx -O \
>      backup.vcf http://localhost/owncloud/remote.php/carddav/addressbooks/chris/contacts?export

Hello Thomas,

grabbed that old mail out of my archives.
Just updated to v6 and had to adapt my backup cron jobs.
For v6 I had to modify wget call and now it looks like:
wget --auth-no-challenge --http-user=me --http-password=secret -O \
backup.vcf
http://localhost/index.php/apps/contacts/addressbook/local/1/export

Using this line gets me a nice vcf file of my default addressbook.

How to get all addressbooks at once?
Is there a way or do I have to get ids of each addressbook and make a
call for each one?

Cheers,
Mark