[Owncloud] Folder Sizes incorrect with Encryption App Enabled

Emre Erenoglu erenoglu at gmail.com
Sat Dec 28 19:51:07 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm using owncloud 6.0a and sync client 1.5, latest available in the repo.

I just completed syncing a folder with 5.4gb of data in it. Looks like it's
finished the other morning, but when I check from the web view, it reports
2gb.

This misled me that there was something not properly synced. So I deleted
the whole thing, restarted from scratch and re-synced it. Again, I saw 2gb
in the web server. Then I started to be curious. I tested many individual
files and I saw that their sizes were correct.

Then I checked folder sizes just one layer above the files, these were
reported "larger" in the web view. However, a few levels of subfolders, and
the main folder reported 2gb.

I then mounted it with Dolphin through webdav. Now I can see almost the
same folder size, 5.4 gb. But it reports 5,783,594,624 bytes in my computer
while owncloud webdav reports 5,777,368,704. I can track this down to
individual folder. File size in such folder is the same in webdav & PC, but
when I check the folder size that contains them, I can see webdav reporting
slightly higher than PC. there's a total of 1230 subfolders in this 5.4gb
top level folder, so these individual differences shall sum up the the
difference I mentioned above.

I will test with encryption app disabled, but it looks to me that
encryption app messes with directory size reporting, both on the web view
(severe!) and on webdav (small but still annoying).

Due to this, I'm unable to be 100% sure that the sync is correctly done.

--
Emre