[Owncloud] License

Stefan Schmidt stefan at datenfreihafen.org
Thu Dec 19 09:12:25 UTC 2013

Hello.

On Thu, 2013-12-19 at 09:37, Antonello Carlomagno wrote:
>    Hello Tim,
>    we had the same problem but no one has been able to answer ... Also in
>    other projects.
>    It seems that they all apply these licenses but then no one can give
>    concrete answers

I'm sure they know pretty well what the license covers and what not.

The point is that you want to hear a legal interpretation from them.
It all comes down to that you want to use their software and you have
legal questions which makes it only logical that you consult your
legal department or lawyer.

If all your changes would be available as Open Source and you would
contribute your changes back none of these questions would arise
anyway.

regards
Stefan Schmidt