[Owncloud] Problems in Shibboleth authentication in ownCloud 6.

Sérgio Afonso safonso at sp.up.pt
Fri Dec 13 15:04:07 UTC 2013

Hya *,

I had ownCloud 5.0.13 running for some time and working well with the
3rd party app user_servervars:

http://apps.owncloud.com/content/show.php/user_servervars?content=158863

Yesterday I installed ownCloud 6.0 and I am having an hard time trying
to get this user_servervars to work in the same way as it did in ownCloud 5.

 From the logs, it seems that the authentication process is working
fine, but then when it does a call to OC_User::userExists($uid), it
seems to return true, even though I can't find any user created on the
table oc_users from the ownCloud DB.

I was wondering if anyone has already got Shibboleth authentication
working in ownCloud 6.0 and if can gimme some hints on where I should look.

Cheers,
Sérgio

--
SP/TIC
	Sérgio Afonso

Unidade de Administração de Sistemas
SERVIÇO DE TECNOLOGIAS DE INFORMAÇÃO E COMUNICAÇÃO
*UNIVERSIDADE DO PORTO - SERVIÇOS PARTILHADOS*
www.sp.up.pt <http://www.sp.up.pt>  | helpdesk at up.pt
<mailto:helpdesk at up.pt>  |  (+351) 220 408 888