[Owncloud] Owncloud 6 update error

Nicolas Mora nicolas at babelouest.org
Thu Dec 12 18:27:24 UTC 2013

Hello,

I'm trying to update Owncloud to the last 6 stable release but I'm
having problems during the process.

I uncompress the owncloud 6 package over the existing owncloud 5.0.13
folder and here are the current problems I encoutered :

1- lib/config.php issue
right after decompressing and changing owner of the ownloud folder, the
owncloud page is blank. The apache error log says
"Cannot redeclare class OC_Config in /usr/local/owncloud/lib/config.php
on line 41"
I saw on an owncloud issue (I don't remember where unfortunately) that I
should delete the file owncloud/lib/config.php, which I did, and it
worked, until the next problem.

2- Duplicate entry 'user_pwauth-installed_version' for key 'PRIMARY'
The automatic update program launches but stops right away with the
following error message :
An exception occurred while executing 'ALTER TABLE `oc_appconfig` ADD
PRIMARY KEY (`appid`, `configkey`)': SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity
constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry
'user_pwauth-installed_version' for key 'PRIMARY'
If I run the following query, the installation can continue :
delete from oc_appconfig where appid='user_pwauth' and
configkey='installed_version';

And then everything looks to be fine, except that automatic login
doesn't work, and after entering my credentials, I have the following
error message :
  An exception occurred while executing 'SELECT `fileid`, `storage`,
`path`, `parent`, `name`, `mimetype`, `mimepart`, `size`, `mtime`,
`storage_mtime`, `encrypted`, `unencrypted_size`, `etag` FROM
`oc_filecache` WHERE `storage` = ? AND `path_hash` = ?':
SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'storage_mtime'
in 'field list'

And then I stopped there...

I can restore my 5.0.13 backup and restart from there, should I try
something else ?

/Nicolas