[Owncloud] OC6 RC2: using openstack (rackspace) as a backend

Sean Boran sean at boran.com
Thu Dec 5 13:44:34 UTC 2013

FYI, Found a solution:

   1. Enable "External Storage" plugin
   2. Go to the admin panel
   3. In the external storage panel create a new storage with "Open Stack
   Object Storage"
   4. Enter these values:
   Folder rname: "Any name, shown in owncloud"
   Username: "Your username"
   Bucket: "Name of your container, in our case: container1"
   Region: "Not sure if needed, you see the region in you Rackspace account
   where your containers are listed, in our case IAD (Northern Virginia)"
   API Key: "Your rackspace API key"
   Tenantcname: "Leave empty for rackspace"
   Password: "Your password"
   ServiceName: "cloudFiles"
   Timeout: "Leave empty"
   User: "Add user or groups"
   5. The icon in front should get green and you should see the folder in
   your files.

However, it is really slow, not really usable :-(

Sean