[Owncloud] Integrating OwnCloud with /home folders

Emre Erenoglu erenoglu at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 21:31:06 UTC 2013

On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 10:18 PM, Otto Kekäläinen <otto at seravo.fi> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a Linux server with 35 users, each who have their files in
> /home/domain/username/data/*.
>
> How can I configure OwnCloud so that each user who logs into OwnCloud
> would be able to see the files in their home directory?
>
> At the moment the files of each user are in
> /var/www/owncloud/username/files. I cannot simply point this files as
> a symlink to the home directory, as the OwnCloud PHP process is run as
> user www-data.
>
> Is there some way to re-use the user log in credentials to auto-mount
> the user home directory via sftp or something at login time?

Hi, maybe you can try using webdav access with davfs2 and autofs. Following
site can give some idea:

http://www.matrix44.net/blog/?p=1048

Alternatively, again with webdav access, you can have dolphin or nautilus
point to this webdav share, or mount it with fuse with startup script that
runs at each user logon.

that being said, a sync solution as mentioned with Craig might be the
best...

Br,
Emre