[Owncloud] OwnCloud Android App Open Source or Not?

Kelvin Hammond hammond.kelvin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 19:36:17 UTC 2013

I'm wanting to add CalDav and CardDav support to the android owncloud app
and maybe some other features should I have the time to do so.

The problem I'm running into now is that the app is for sale on the android
market instead of free even though its open source.

I've paid for the app on the market already only to find that it doesn't
support contacts or calendar sync which is what I bought it for.

I'd have no problem doing it for free if the app was free but seeing as how
the app isn't free who does the money go to?

If I add these features am I allowed to fork the owncloud app and put it on
sale on the android market?

--
Thank you,

Kelvin Hammond