[Owncloud] versioning by renaming?

Bjoern Schiessle schiessle at owncloud.com
Tue Aug 20 18:23:00 UTC 2013

On Tue, 20 Aug 2013 08:58:20 -0700 (PDT) Chris wrote:
> this is a known bug in the versioning app.
> Some pointers to the existing bugreports can be found here:
>
> https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/4523

Just for clarification. This is not a bug in the versioning app but in
the way the web interface handles uploads. In previous version ownCloud
asked if you want to replace the file (which would effectively create a
new version), rename it (by adding a number) or cancel the upload.

This was removed for some reasons I can't remember at the moment and
was replaced with "rename always". Not sure if we should bring back the
possibility to chose between all three options or maybe make it depend
on the versioning app. If versioning is enabled than replace the
existing file to create a new version and if versioning is disabled
rename the file to prevent data lose.

cheers,
Björn

--