[Owncloud] carriage return in text editor

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 20 08:35:35 UTC 2013

Hi,

If I edit a text file with the web interface and write 2 lines such as:

Hi
there

when I open that file via webdav or directly via smb on disk with a client text editor such as notepad on Windows then I read:

Hithere

Opening the same file with Wordpad displays the new line correctly, ie:

Hi
there

So I guess the OC texteditor (ace?) inserts \n instead of \r\n. Is this configurable?
Most of my clients will be using Windows and I suppose they'd be better off with \r\n instead of \n.

Any suggestions?
How can I tell the OC text editor to use \r\n instead of \n?

Thanks,

Vieri