[Owncloud] one-time password support/account generation by script?

Stefan Vollmar vollmar at nf.mpg.de
Mon Aug 19 20:10:29 UTC 2013

Dear Chris,

On 19.08.2013, at 15:55, Chris wrote:

> https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/4311#issuecomment-22080871
>
> is exactly what your looking for? Maybe someone will pick off this idea
> and will implement it in one of the next OC versions.

You are right - but it has not been implemented yet.

> There where some solutions for this posted at the forums, maybe they are
> helpful
> for the solution which you're looking for:
>
> https://forum.owncloud.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14410
> https://forum.owncloud.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2477
> https://forum.owncloud.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2699 (Probably won't work in
> OC5)

We are currently migrating to a MySQL-based installation and we are familiar with manipulating databases from external scripts (Python, PHP), so implementing https://forum.owncloud.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2699 should not be a problem. Unfortunately, this solution will not work for the current release of ownCloud (as someone in the thread has noted) and the last version of the script does no longer manipulate the MySQL data but rather mimics entering data into the admin web interface using curl - which (in principle) is more pragmatic than elegant, I think - but is there no "official" solution for creating accounts without the user interface?

Best regards,
 Stefan
--
Dr. Stefan Vollmar, Dipl.-Phys.