[Owncloud] New name for "Discuss possible bugs & feature requests"

Mark Ziegler mark.ziegler at rakekniven.de
Mon Aug 19 15:41:23 UTC 2013

Am 19.08.13 17:12, schrieb Georg Ehrke:
> Hi everybody,
>
> We discussed this already a few month ago, but things haven't got better.
> On forum.ownCloud.org, there is a forum called "Discuss possible bugs & feature requests".
> It's the fourth most popular forum on forum.ownCloud.org.
>
> The problem is, that a lot of people think that it's for reporting bugs and feature requests, but it isn't.
> Most developers (including me) doesn't regularly take a look at the forum.
> People like RandolphCarter and Rancor keep asking the users to report bugs on GitHub, but only a few will do so.
>
> My suggestion would be to rename the forum to something like:
> - Discuss possible Issues before reporting on GitHub
> or
> - Resolve your question before reporting a bug on GitHub
>
> What do you think about this?

 From my side I would vote for closing (locking) these forum.
Why? We have suitable forums for server, client, mobile. There we can
talk and discuss all issues.
Mentioned forum was used as a pre filter for github.

What we definitely need is a "How to report an issue at github". Some
month ago somebody wrote about an upcoming draft here on that list.
Cannot find mail at the moment.
People (non devs) are lost at github and filing low quality reports.

Cheers,
Mark

btw. I am looking for supporters of our forum. My mentioned sidekicks
taking a break at the moment.
It would be awesome if you could spend some time helping users.