[Owncloud] New name for "Discuss possible bugs & feature requests"

Georg Ehrke georg at georgehrke.com
Mon Aug 19 15:12:42 UTC 2013

Hi everybody,

We discussed this already a few month ago, but things haven't got better.
On forum.ownCloud.org, there is a forum called "Discuss possible bugs & feature requests".
It's the fourth most popular forum on forum.ownCloud.org.

The problem is, that a lot of people think that it's for reporting bugs and feature requests, but it isn't.
Most developers (including me) doesn't regularly take a look at the forum.
People like RandolphCarter and Rancor keep asking the users to report bugs on GitHub, but only a few will do so.

My suggestion would be to rename the forum to something like:
- Discuss possible Issues before reporting on GitHub
or
- Resolve your question before reporting a bug on GitHub

What do you think about this?

Cheers,
Georg Ehrke