[Owncloud] ldap user and data folder name

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 14 09:14:04 UTC 2013

Hi,

I noticed that when an LDAP user logs into owncloud a user "home" directory is created in the data subdir. The folder name is the "LDAP user name" (Active Directory's sAMAccountName in my case) just like for the "local" admin user.
However, if the LDAP user logs in and adds an external mount point (SMB share) then a new "user dir" is created in the data subdir. This time, instead of the username an ID is used (eg. DFA761B9-4B3C-4E35-9FA9-B84ECBCE53F2).
So for any given LDAP user there will always be 2 subdirs in 'data'. This is wrong of course... And I'm sure I've made a dumb mistake in my LDAP configuration. For starters I'm unsure as to what I should specify in the Expert tab as far as UUIDs are concerned. Since I'm only using one LDAP server and one domain, I'm sure I won't ever have 2 subfolders within 'data' with the same name. So I guess I can safely disable using the LDAP UUID attribute. Should I be setting "Internal Username Attribute" or "UUID Attribute" to sAMAccountName?

Here are my LDAP settings:
Base DN: cn=users,dc=domain,dc=org
User DN: cn=ADuser,cn=users,dc=domain,dc=org
User Login Filter: (&(memberof=cn=vpn,cn=users,dc=domain,dc=org)(sAMAccountName=%uid))
User List Filter: (&(memberof=cn=vpn,cn=users,dc=domain,dc=org)(objectClass=person))
Group Filter: objectClass=group
User Display Name Field: displayname
Base User Tree: cn=users,dc=domain,dc=org
User Home Folder Naming Rule: sAMAccountName
The "expert" settings are unset (default).

I'm still using 5.0.9 (not had time to update to 5.0.10 but I don't think it matters for this particular issue).

Thanks,

Vieri