[Owncloud] Server Error 500 after disabling "Shorty" app

Christian Reiner foss at christian-reiner.info
Mon Aug 5 07:46:27 UTC 2013

Hi again...
couldn't resist, since this really is not the way things should be...

On Monday 05 August 2013 08:59:43 Christian Reiner wrote:
> Hello Markus, hi Arman,
> thanks for the feedback... Always welcome!
>
> On Monday 05 August 2013 08:40:04 Arman Khalatyan wrote:
> > Same trouble was with my server.
> > Shorty tracking is plugin for Shorty, Shorty some how did not track on
> > dependency.
> > Maybe Christian can comment on it?
>
> "Shorty Tracking" is an optional plugin to the main "Shorty" app. It is
> designed to first check if the main "Shorty" app is present and activated
> prior to starting up itself. If not, "Shorty Tracking" should automatically
> deactivate itself. Aparently this did not work in your case.
>
> I will take a look into the issue, but unfortunately this will have to wait
> until the end of the week since I am currently busy with other projects I am
> actually payed for...

I just pubished version 0.1.16 of "Shorty Tracking" in the apps store
(apps.owncloud.com). Just checked: the new version is already offered as an
upgrade when you open the apps section of your owncloud administration. This
version fixes the apps automatic self-deactivation if the main "Shorty" app is
deactivated or not installed.
Turned out the reason was a change in the owncloud core which now (sometimes)
removes deactivated apps instead of just deactivating them, as one would
expect and how things were back in the good old times (which actually weren't
_that_ good if it comes to older owncloud versions...).

Hope this saves some trouble for others!

Christian Reiner (arkascha)