[Owncloud] 3rdparty support on apps

Thomas Müller thomas.mueller at tmit.eu
Wed Sep 26 15:34:28 UTC 2012

Am Mittwoch, dem 26.09.2012 um 17:16 schrieb Christian Reiner:
> Hello,

Hi,

> On Wednesday 26 September 2012 16:46:23 Thomas Müller wrote:
> > we have a - let's call it global - 3rdparty folder, which contains software
> > components not developed by the ownCloud team and can/will be used across
> > all apps.
> >
> > I'd like to introduce a app specific 3rdparty folder, which can (maybe some
> > day MUST) contain the 3rdparty components only used by this app.
>
> I am a little surprised by this... I thought such app specific 3rdparty
> folders are already used inside apps. At least the 'Shorty' app does and did
> so over the last month.
>
> I did not experience any problems with that. This is how folder content is
> referenced like:
> OCP\Util::addScript ( 'shorty/3rdparty','jquery.tinysort.min' );
> OCP\Util::addScript ( 'shorty/3rdparty','jquery.impromptu.min' );

I was mainly concerned with the PHP include/require path.
As of today if you require 3rdparty php file you need to add '3rdparty' to the path,
which is ugly and not necessary.
(An not necessary for the global 3rdparty)

If we have no issues on js, css etc - I'm fine! ;-)

Please take my mails as a starting point to think about possible impacts.

Regards,

Tom