[Owncloud] Automating what Frank means when he says "Please give it a really good hard test." Help build the test suite!

Arthur Schiwon blizzz at owncloud.com
Tue Sep 25 15:58:45 UTC 2012

On Tuesday, September 25, 2012 04:56:08 PM Thomas Müller wrote:
> Am Freitag, dem 21.09.2012 um 19:07 schrieb Arthur Schiwon:
> > Hi Tom
> >
> > On Friday, September 21, 2012 11:20:25 AM you wrote:
> > > My plan in terms of executing the test suite is based on heavy usage of
> > > automated vm creation using vagrant (http://vagrantup.com/)
> > >
> > > This is necessary to test ownCloud with a great variety of server
> > > configurations: [sqlite, mysql, pg, (oracle?)] x [apache, nginx,
> > > lighttpd,
> > > (IIS?)] x [....]
> >
> > looks and sounds yummy!
> >
> > > ldap - among other authentication backends will 'just' add another
> > > dimension to this configuration space.
> >
> > excellent :)

> > > From a pure behavior driven testing approach I would expect that all
> > > scenarios should
> > > work in any configuration combination.
> > >
> > > Exceptions - as usual - prove the rule!
> >
> > So I understand it's not a big deal to run all those test with an LDAP
> > user. Cool, looking very much forward!
> >
> > Let me know if I can help you.
>
> Yes - you can!
>
> As I have never setup any ldap server - can you please give me a short
> introduction on which server you use and how set it up (the server itself
> and within owncloud)

I use the Univention Corporate Server for this. It sets up the LDAP server
(which is openLDAP) automatically and relies heavily on it, no deeper
knowledge needed.
You can get it here
http://www.univention.de/download-und-support/free-for-personal-use-edition/
UCS is based on Debian, btw.

> Based on you input I'll prepare a vagrant box of owncloud with an ldap
> server inside.
Helpful?

Cheers
Arthur