[Owncloud] Fwd: Re: Files_Sharing Update

Arthur Schiwon blizzz at owncloud.com
Tue Sep 25 15:51:06 UTC 2012

and to the list

Subject: Re: [Owncloud] Files_Sharing Update
Date: Tuesday, September 25, 2012, 05:49:20 PM
From: Arthur Schiwon <blizzz at owncloud.com>
To: Michael Gapczynski <mtgap at owncloud.com>

On Tuesday, September 25, 2012 11:17:29 AM you wrote:
> Thanks for working on this Arthur. I'm not quite sure what's going on with
> the user backends not setup because I haven't run into any of those issues
> myself. It seemed that the database user backend was always running when I
> did an upgrade. This should probably be documented somewhere or the user
> backends loaded before triggering an upgrade.

I agree I was puzzled bout it. I believe it is because it's an major upgrade
which is done in init() before the user backends are created and which also
takes the apps into account.

> What do you mean that there will be collisions with the old table still
> existing? Nothing should be using the oc_sharing table.

I was a bit unprecise. When the update is not successful, it will be tried all
over again on the next page request. The already transfered shares will flood
then the screen with error messages like "already exists" and fail again.

> I didn't want to
> delete it this release in case there were upgrade issues, which there are ;)
> If we do a 4.5.1 and no issues are reported we can delete it then. No harm
> in having it sit around.
>
> Can you give more details about the rows being added for links?
In the old table i have had
+-----------+-----------------+---------------------------------------------------------------+------------------------------------------+-------------+
| uid_owner | uid_shared_with | source
| target                                   | permissions |
+-----------+-----------------+---------------------------------------------------------------+------------------------------------------+-------------+
| nata      | public          | /path/to/shared/folder |
4d24e8c45f5f198f628a34547b1176e4f223497a |           0 |
| arthur    | public          | /path/to/shared/folder |
4d24e8c45f5f198f628a34547b1176e4f223497a |           0 |
| arthur    | public          | /path/to/shared/folder |
4d24e8c45f5f198f628a34547b1176e4f223497a |           0 |
+-----------+-----------------+---------------------------------------------------------------+------------------------------------------+-------------+
(here one row is already doubled, because in 4.0.7  the link was not  shown in
the GUI for me – so i clicked it again)

In the new share table however i do not see any shares of the item type "link"
or similar. How are they stored?

However, the new link looks like
https://owncloud.server/public.php?service=files&file=/path/to/shared/folder

the old link was: