[Owncloud] Archive reading resource hog (bug oc-1224)

Frank Karlitschek frank at owncloud.org
Thu Sep 20 08:59:15 UTC 2012

On 19.09.2012, at 22:52, Robin Appelman <icewind at owncloud.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday 19 September 2012 23:06:15 Victor Dubiniuk wrote:
>> Handling a session is quite expensive operation for PHP in general. You
>> know it stores the session data in ordinary files.
>
> We could use xcache/apc/memcached instead of sessions where available, do we
> storage anything in the session besides the user id?
>
> - Robin Appelman

I´m not sure.
I´ve seen and used the PHP Session management in high performance environments before and it works just fine. I think the more interesting question is how we use it.
I mean how often do we read and write data and how much data do we store in the session. I´m sure we can optimize a lot here.

By the way: Klaas and I discussed yesterday a strange bug. In the WebDAV http response header are two
Set-Cookie: PHPSESSID entries with different session IDs.
There is an interesting bug in our session management somewhere.

Frank