[Owncloud] Heavy LDAP user search

Manuel Delgado manuel.delgado at ucr.ac.cr
Wed Sep 19 22:32:11 UTC 2012

Hi Arthur,

On 09/19/2012 6:19 PM, Arthur Schiwon wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> On 09/19/2012 02:25 AM, Manuel Delgado wrote:
> >* I think the problem is not in the ldap but in the greedy*>* (foreach/recursive) search in ldap2ownCloudNames method.*
> I have two other approaches which work around the recursive array
> search. One is simple improving the result array from mappedComponents
> so that a simple $arr[$dn] will give the owncloud name, if set.
>
> The other does DB queries using a prepared statement (i.e. i hope MDB2
> does prepared statements) on request.
>
> Both changesets (each against access.php from git master) are attached.
> Could you please test if they speed it up noticeably, and if so which
> does it better?
>
> Cheers
> Arthur

I made the tests with my changes and your patches. It's simply miraculous:
$ time php /srv/sites/owncloud/cron.php

My changes:
real    235m2.634s
user    229m51.470s
sys    0m14.533s

Patch A (prepared statement)
real    3m3.474s
user    0m12.065s
sys    0m12.689s

Patch B ($arr[$dn])
real    3m36.445s
user    0m16.833s
sys    0m12.661s

The idea of the prepared statement and the unidimensional array worked
perfectly. I will be doing more test and reports if found something, but
it's working great with 110k ldap users.

Thanks a lot!

Manuel Delgado

*Usuario Linux* *#520940 <http://counter.li.org/>*

Bach. Computación e Informática