[Owncloud] Out of memory error when using Sync Client

Daniel nix at tek12.com
Tue Sep 18 14:48:01 UTC 2012

On 09/18/2012 10:25 AM, Vince D. Kimball wrote:
>> I have owncloud setup on a VPS with 1.6GB of RAM. I've noticed that
>> whenever I use the sync client the apache processes continue using
>> memory until all 1.6GB is exhausted... which will then eat into the 1GB
>> swap file I have setup until the server begins to kill processes.
>>
>> It takes apache about 2 minutes to use up all available memory. Is this
>> a known issue? Any ideas on a quick fix? It takes the whole server down
>> with it...
>>
>> I would have submitted a bug report on genie, but it doesn't seem to
>> want to load.
>> Thanks,
>> Daniel
>
> I'm definitely not seeing that.  On a 2GB VPS, I usually use less than
> 256MB of RAM.  How big (number of files, size) are the folder(s) that
> you're syncing?  What versions of Owncloud are you using?  What operating
> system(s)?
>
>    -- Vince

Owncloud 4.5 beta 3 on Ubuntu 12.04 - php 5.3.10.

It's not a huge amount of files, less than 1000 comprising maybe 4GBs.
It only seems to happen when uploading the synced files, once everything
is uploaded it seems to operate normally.

Sync client is the latest from the repo on ubuntu 12.04 as well.

Daniel