[Owncloud] ownCloud 4.5 beta 3a bugs

Peter Peroša peter.perosa at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 14:06:40 UTC 2012

Bugs I noticed testing owncloud-4.5.0-beta3.tar.bz2  (ownCloud 4.5 beta 3a)
I am posting them here because bugs.owncloud.org seems down for me.

1. Files App -> When renaming a folder:
-I have a folder named A.
-I click the Rename button,
-then I change the folder's name to B.
-I press enter to confirm the change

The folder seems to be renamed to B, but after a second it's name is back to A.
If I click somewhere outside of the renaming box instead of pressing
enter, the folder gets properly renamed.

This only happens using Firefox 15.0.1. Using IE9 and Chrome 21 there
are no problems.
I cannot reproduce the problem in ownCloud 4.0.7.

2. Files App -> When renaming a photo:
-I have a picture named A.png
-I click the Rename button,
-then I change the picture's name to B.png
-I press enter to confirm the change

The picture is renamed properly, but it also opens up in a preview box.
If you do the same renaming procedure on a text file, the default text
editor opens.

If I click somewhere outside of the renaming box instead of pressing
enter, the files get renamed, but the other things do not happen.

This only happens using Firefox 15.0.1. On IE9 and Chrome 21 there are
no problems.
I cannot reproduce the problem in ownCloud 4.0.7.

3. Files App -> Folders with extensions?
If you rename a folder to something that contains one or more dots
(e.g. Birthday_8.4.2012), everything after the last dot is displayed
in gray text. (e.g. "Birthday_8.4" is colored black, while ".2012" is
in gray).
However, after refreshing the page the whole folder name is written in
black characters.

The same happens in Firefox 15.0.1, IE9 and Chrome 21.
I can reproduce the problem in ownCloud 4.0.7.
Pic: http://s12.postimage.org/p0x0bbdm5/bug3.png

4. Pictures App -> Slideshow ending problem:
When I am in slideshow mode (click the Slideshow button in the top
right corner), and I click the current picture (to end the slideshow)
a new blank window opens.

The problem only happens to appear using Firefox 15.0.1 and IE9. Using
Chrome 21 the slideshow is ended.
The feature is new to ownCloud 4.5.

5. I cannot listen to the music that is Shared with me or watch the
shared pictures in the Pictures App.
Reproduction:
Users A and B should be in the group C.
As user A share a folder containing mp3 files with group C
Login as user B.
You can go to the Share folder, open the folder containing mp3 files
and download them, but when you go to the "Music" app, there is no
music available.
Clicking on the Rescan Collection button does not help.

It is the same for the Pictures App.
In ownCloud 4.0.7 listening to shared music and watching shared photos works.

6. Files App -> Share menu -> "Share with" and "Expiration date" text
Using IE9: There is no "Share with" or "Expiration date" text present
in the white search boxes.
Using Chrome 21 or Firefox 15.0.1: Everything seems fine.

7. Files App -> Share menu -> Adding multiple groups or users to a share
After searching for a user/group to share with, I click on it to select it.
The share box closes afterwards, so you have to click the "Share"
button again to access the "Share with" search box or fine-tune the
sharing options (create, update, delete, share).

If I just hover over an user/group and then press enter instead of
clicking, I can do another search or fine-tune the share instantly.

The problem is the same using Chrome 21, Firefox 15.0.1 or IE9.
In ownCloud 4.0.7 you can select the users/groups to share with by
clicking and the share menu does not close afterwards.

8. Files App -> Share menu
It is not possible to share folders with a link.
The "Share with link" checkbox is only visible for files.

My settings for the Share API are:
Enable Share API, Allow links, Allow resharing, Allow users to share with anyone

In ownCloud 4.0.7 you can share folders with anyone using a link.

9. Files App -> Share menu -> Expiration date calendar
The displayed calendar does not fit the grey box.

The problem is the same using Chrome 21, Firefox 15.0.1 or IE9.
Pic: http://s12.postimage.org/9th0qylrh/bug9_10.png

10. Files App -> Share menu -> Expiration date calendar
The "Prev" and "Next" buttons that you can use to change months are hidden.
If you hover over the top left and right corner of the calendar box,
white boxes appear.

The problem is the same using Chrome 21, Firefox 15.0.1 or IE9.
Pic: http://s12.postimage.org/9th0qylrh/bug9_10.png

11. Files App -> Share menu -> Expiration date -> change month
After clicking the "Prev" or "Next" button in the Expiration date
calendar the share menu is closed and the calendar becomes
unresponsive.
You can only click somewhere outside it, than it closes.

The problem is the same using Chrome 21, Firefox 15.0.1 or IE9.

12. Files App -> Share menu -> Expiration date
If I try to set an Expiration date before selecting an user/group to
share with or checking the "Share with link" checkbox a box with the
caption "Error setting

expiration date" and content "Error" appears.

I believe that the "Expiration date" checkbox should be hidden before
selecting a user/group or checking the "Share with link" checkbox.
I also believe that the caption and content of the error box were
supposed to be switched.
Pic: http://s12.postimage.org/szu7u5299/bug12.png

13. Files App -> Share menu -> Expiration date
If first select an user/group to share with and then try to add an
expiration date, the share menu closes and the sharing options are
forgotten.
After pressing the Share button again, the item appears as it was never shared.

I can reproduce the problem with files and folders and using Chrome
21, Firefox 15.0.1 or IE9.

14. Files App -> Share button
If I click the Share button of the Shared folder in root there is a
label saying "Resharing is not allowed".
I believe the Share button should not be there (as it is in 4.0.7).

My settings for the Share API are:
Enable Share API, Allow links, Allow resharing, Allow users to share with anyone
Pic: http://s12.postimage.org/5mw6bmm5p/bug14.png

15. Files App -> Share button
If you try to re-share a shared file/folder, you can notice that the text:
"Shared with you and the group ____ by ____" can escape the sharing dialog.

I can reproduce the problem using Chrome 21, Firefox 15.0.1 or IE9.
Pic: http://s12.postimage.org/bccevxsbx/bug15.png

16. Settings -> Users -> strange characters
The names of groups cannot have "strange" characters like ščžć in them.
If I try to add a group named šola (school in Slovenian), it gets
deleted after a page refresh.

17. Settings -> Users -> unintentionally deleting groups
Let's say I have a group named "clani".
If I then create a group named "člani" (members in Slovenian), the
groups "clani" and "člani" are deleted after a page refresh.

18. Settings -> Users -> Group admin
Let's say that the user "A" is the only member of the group "G". Make
the user "A" the "Group Admin" for the group "G". Now remove the user
"A" from the group "G". The group "G" will disappear, but the user "A"
will stay its "Group Admin".
To remove the user from being the group admin, you have to re-create
the group and un-assign the user from the duty of "group admin". (In
the end you can delete the group.)

19. Files App -> Share menu -> overlap
Using Firefox 15.0.1: When sharing a folder the "share" checkbox and
the unshare "X" sign overlap.
Using IE9: When sharing a folder the "share" checkbox goes out of the
sharing grey box.
Using Chrome 21: Everything seems fine.

Pic: http://s15.postimage.org/hj0njgqhn/bug19.png