[Owncloud] gnome 3 autostart

Michael Göhler somebody.here at gmx.de
Fri Sep 14 07:47:02 UTC 2012

> Btw, owncloud-client does not auto-start after installing it (fedora 17; gnome 3).
> It needs to be manually started when the machine boots up..
> -t

It can be started automatically by adding it to the "Startup Applications" under gnome3. But for me there is an issue registering the statusbar-icon. So it doesn't show up on startup. It seems that the app tries to register the icon before the taskbar object exists at all.

I also noticed, that the oc-client handles his sub-threads incorrectly which is shown by zombie tasks in the 'ps' output.