[Owncloud] Interception of PHP errors

Victor Dubiniuk victor.dubiniuk at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 19:54:28 UTC 2012

Hi,

I've prepared a simple patch to log PHP errors with ownCloud logger since
we had a couple of  sad stories titled 'Blank page and empty log' here.
As it's too late for new features I've pushed it to the separate branch. [1]
I consider logging a full backtrace for non-recoverable errors too. So the
user will see a number of report on the ownCloud page and can check the
content of the respective file for full details.

Is it OK to store such reports in the /owncloud.err directory under the
datadir?

P.S. there is no function to obtain datadir location directly yet. That's
awful ;)

[1]
https://github.com/owncloud/core/commit/bbf8bb0bb3f33c92933dfd499b571f56edda4a59

---