[Owncloud] Contacts & Calendar sharing status

Thomas Tanghus thomas at tanghus.net
Sun Sep 2 17:28:34 UTC 2012

On Sunday 02 September 2012 12:58 Michael Gapczynski wrote:
> On Sunday, September 02, 2012 06:52:36 PM Thomas Tanghus wrote:
> > - Single event sharing works in the WUI. For CalDAV I thought of creating
> > a virtual calendar like the Shared folder for files.
>
> Is there a default calendar? Maybe this could be a preference.

There is no stable default calendar. One is created when the user is created,
but it can be deleted again.
Personally I prefer a virtual calendar for shared events; it creates a clear
distinction and you can e.g. set it as read-only in your CalDAV client. OTOH
AFAIK the OS X calendar only supports one calendar.

> > - Public sharing is no longer supported as the sharing api doesn't support
> > that (AFAIK?). We could use a stripped down version of the old sharing
> > class and db table for that?
>
> Right now, it's just for files. Does the calendar app have a way to display
> public calendars and events already? If so, we could integrate that with the
> Share API as well.

I'm not sure how public calendars are implemented. I think it's token based
like when sharing public links.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Tanghus