[Owncloud] Contacts & Calendar sharing status

Thomas Tanghus thomas at tanghus.net
Sun Sep 2 16:52:36 UTC 2012

Yesterday I wanted to fix a buglet in the new share dropdown for sharing
calendars, because I thought that and some permission checking was the only
thing missing for moving to the new sharing API - I was wrong, he he ;)

Current status is:

Contacts:

- Addressbook sharing works both in WUI and via CardDAV.
- Single contact sharing is not implemented as I don't see any use cases for
it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Calendar:

- Calendar sharing works in WUI and via CalDAV.
- Single event sharing works in the WUI. For CalDAV I thought of creating a
virtual calendar like the Shared folder for files. I will need read up on that
though.
- Public sharing is no longer supported as the sharing api doesn't support
that (AFAIK?). We could use a stripped down version of the old sharing class
and db table for that?
- We need an update script for converting the legacy calendar sharing db to
the new oc_share table format. I need someone else to step in there (nudge,
nudge ;) )

Please kick the tires, take it for a spin, look out for oil leaks and report
any crunching noises from the the transmission ;)

PS: Thanks for answering all my questions on the API MTGap :-) You did a
really good job creating it.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Tanghus