[Owncloud] Getting owncloud-client in Debian

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Wed Oct 31 14:01:45 UTC 2012

Stefan Schmidt <stefan at datenfreihafen.org>
> After these weeks my Debian unstable got a newer openssl and
> owncloud-client did now longer work. Waited some days but no updates
> so I had to switch rebuilding the packages from source to keep them
> working.

Did you ask anywhere for a rebuild?

I suspect either OBS isn't trying to build for Debian unstable (which
would be understandable, as it can be pretty fast-moving - only 6.0 is
listed on the instructions pages), or doesn't automatically mark
things as needs-build as the distribution updates like the debian
autobuilder network does (understandable but could be avoided).
More info: http://www.debian.org/devel/buildd/wanna-build-states

So I guess this would be another benefit of getting into the
distribution: as-needed autobuilding for more than the "amd64 and i386
on one debian version" that OBS seems to have.  The debian
distribution is autobuilt on up to 4 versions on about 14
architectures, depending on time, tide and prevailing wind or something.

Hope that explains,