[Owncloud] Getting owncloud-client in Debian

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Wed Oct 31 13:52:04 UTC 2012

Klaas Freitag <freitag at owncloud.com>
> On 30.10.2012 17:38, MJ Ray wrote:
> >> On 29.10.2012, at 20:05, MJ Ray wrote:
> > It would be great to see them fixed in owncloud source, indeed.
> Yes, cool - send patches!!

Right now, I've nothing more working beyond the patches in
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-owncloud/owncloud.git;a=tree;f=debian/patches;hb=HEAD

> > One other thing: there's an incorrect dependency on php5-iconv which
> > doesn't exist, reported in http://forum.owncloud.org/viewtopic.php?p=10982
> Ok. Which package provides php iconv than as ownCloud needs it for some
> apps?

It's built-in at the moment, so Depends: php5 should cover it.

php5 "is a metapackage that, when installed, guarantees that you have
at least one of the three server-side versions of the PHP5 interpreter
installed."

> > Would it be possible to remove php5-iconv from debian/control and build a
> > 4.5.1-2 packaging update?
> Did that, yes.

Thanks.  I'm still seeing only 4.5.1-1 on the repository.  Anyone know
how long OBS takes to build new versions?

> > (I tried but I didn't spot debian/control in the repository at github,
> > it's not in the control file at pkg-owncloud/owncloud.git and I don't
> > understand where it might be from
>  From OBS:
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/files?package=owncloud&project=isv%3AownCloud%3Adevel

That tells me files are there (a bullet list - I guess it's in
debian.tar.gz) but still not how to clone it for patching.  If we just
posted an updated debian*tar.gz or debian*diff.gz file, would that help?

Thanks,