[Owncloud] Getting owncloud-client in Debian

Jean-Louis Dupond jean-louis at dupond.be
Mon Oct 29 12:23:07 UTC 2012

Hi everyone!

Wouldn't it be a good idea to get the ownCloud Client packages in
Debian repositories?
Now the packages are build on a 3rd party repository (suse).

Is there any reason the package wasn't brought into Debian?

If its ok for everyone, I will try to get the packages
(owncloud-client, ocsync and libiniparser) into Debian Unstable.
When the packages are accepted, this will be synced with Ubuntu also.

I think its a good idea to have the packages in debian/ubuntu by
default.
Its much more user friendly then asking the client to add a custom
repository.

Any opinions?

Thanks
Jean-Louis Dupond