[Owncloud] WebDAV with OAuth 2.0 support

fkooman at tuxed.net fkooman at tuxed.net
Sun Oct 28 13:18:02 UTC 2012

On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 1:22 PM, fkooman at tuxed.net <fkooman at tuxed.net> wrote:
> The first part of implementing OAuth 2.0 in Owncloud is more or less
> finished, i.e.: it works for me with some simple cURL testing :)

If you want to play with this yourself, you can take a look at the
OAuth 2.0 playground environment at
https://frko.surfnetlabs.nl/workshop/ to get a better idea on what
OAuth is, how it works and see it in action with some sample
applications.

The Owncloud app is available in the Github repository at
https://github.com/owncloud/apps/tree/master/user_oauth. You can point
the OAuth Token Info endpoint to
https://frko.surfnetlabs.nl/workshop/php-oauth/tokeninfo.php for the
token validation.

However, it is still hard to test as there is no WebDAV client that
supports OAuth, and there is no automatic provisioning in Owncloud,
although the user_saml app does this. This would need to be integrated
in the OAuth plugin as well so accounts are automatically created on
first use.

Regards,
François