[Owncloud] client denied by server configuration....

Dennis little.guitar at gmx.net
Sat Oct 27 19:22:24 UTC 2012

Hi,

i never got rid of a problem in my apache2 error.log and i don`t know
exactly if they are related to an incorrect apache configuration or to
owncloud.

it says  [error] [client *clientIP*] client denied by server
configuration: /home/web/www/core.css, referer: https://example.de/cloud/
it says  [error] [client *clientIP*] client denied by server
configuration: /home/web/www/core.js, referer: https://example.de/cloud/

I restrict access to the document root through the "allow-/deny from"
directive of apache.
In fact i deny access to / (documentroot) except for localhost and the
IP of my virtual server.

All owncloud files are in a seperate directory under the document root.
(/home/web/www/owncloud)
Of course i "allow from all" for that specidic directory with the
directory directive as well.

What i don`t understand is that according to the error above core.css
and core.js seem to be referenced directly in the document root whereas
it should
reference the files under /home/web/www/owncloud... because thats the
location where the files are.

Can someone explain to me whats happening here? Any help is very much
appreciated.

Thank you

Dennis