[Owncloud] How to create a users for large deployments

Arman Khalatyan arm2arm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 18:11:12 UTC 2012

I solve it simply wrapping oc_api with zend_xmlrpc. so i can add manage oc
with python scripts.
On Oct 24, 2012 5:49 PM, "Simon Brereton" <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 24 October 2012 11:27, Frank Karlitschek <frank at owncloud.org> wrote:
> > Should be possible with the user_external app
> >
> > Frank
>
> Yes - I thought so too.  I enabled it, but I see no way to configure it.
>
> Probably it's just me - but often with FOSS I find the the developers
> spend so much time developing and tweaking stuff that they know where
> everything is (much like I know where the obscure options in Excel are
> to be found), but the UI isn't conducive to new learner using.
>
> In fact, I find nowhere to configure anything except the Admin section
> - and it's not in there.  Clicking on the app in the apps list just
> shows the author and the licence terms.  Googling "owncloud configure
> user_external app" shows nothing - just results for configuring
> external storage.
>
> Simon
>

> > On 24.10.2012, at 16:52, Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>
wrote:

> >> Not to hijack the thread but if it were easier to input an IMAP
server, everyone who had an account on the IMAP server - as most students
do - would automatically have an account.

> >> It would be trivial to add columns to that DB to automatically set
quotas, permission to have an account, etc..

> >> I was told this would be available in 4.5 but as per my post
yesterday, if it's there, I can't see it..

> >> Simon

users for the students. A teacher can create a user for each student, but
take a long time for large schools.

student2, etc. with a default password that they can modify later.