[Owncloud] ownCloud Client version 1.1.1 released

Thomas Müller thomas.mueller at tmit.eu
Fri Oct 19 08:49:16 UTC 2012

Am Freitag, dem 19.10.2012 um 10:31 schrieb Daniel Molkentin:
> Hi,
>
> @Cyryl: please reply to list in the future, not to the sender. Thanks.
>
> On 19.10.2012, at 08:34, Cyryl Sochacki wrote:
>
> > Hi.
> > Do to this version are added translations? because he lacks the Polish language.
> >

> ownCloud client does come with Polish translations, but it seems that on Mac and Linux, a bit of over-automatism is causing a problem here.
>
> Assuming you are on Linux, can you try to remove /usr/share/mirall/i18n/mirall_pl_PL.qm and try again?
>
> Background for the technically inclined: Somebody added a pl_PL project in transifex which is (almost) empty. Mirall (correctly) prefers pl_PL over pl (the actual translation) even if the locale is set to pl. Removing the empty, overspecific translation file will fix the problem. On OS X, the same principle applies (owncloud.app/Contents/translations/mirall_pl_PL.qm), but removing the translation will probably void our signature and OS X will complain.
>
> Tom: do you see any way how we can avoid this in the future?

We could define a minimum percentage of translation degree like 80%.
The transifex command line client allows to set such a barrier.

While this makes sense for release I question if the percentage should be lower for development.

On the other hand: is there any need to maintain pl_PL?
If not we 'just' remove this language. (Maybe we kill all languages with a 0% translation rate)

Tom