[Owncloud] Why is iOS client converting my image format when uploading?

Mark Ziegler mark.ziegler at rakekniven.de
Thu Oct 18 08:34:39 UTC 2012

Hello.

Many times I use my iPhone to take some pictures.
Pictures are stored as jpg on my phone.
Whenever I use upload function from within ownCloud iOS client then my
uploaded pictures are converted to "png".
They get renamed as well. Name is "Photo-DD-MM-YY-HH-MM-SS-0.png"
Why is it that way?

My photos also got downscaled from 3264x2448 (8 MP) to 960x720. Why?

Additionally, while viewing an image located on the server, the scaling
is not correct on the iphone5. However, the viewed images are stored in
the camera roll, and when viewed from there, the scaling is correct.
Should I file a bug?

These three point are taken from forum.

Are there iOS devs on this list?

Best regards,