[Owncloud] Syncclient 1.1.0 and csync.xxxxx Tempfiles

Jan Brenner jan at brennerpack.de
Wed Oct 17 21:31:26 UTC 2012

Hello everybody,

I ‘am using OC since a while and everything is fine. Now I upgraded to OC 4.5 and try an initial sync to a new client (1.1.0). The folder on the server has a size of 16 GB with approx. 8000 files.

The syncclient starts syncing and the files were copied to the sync folder on my hard disc D as expected.

After a while I got a message, that my hard disc C is running out of space. 0 Bytes were left.

I found thousands of csync.xxxx files in my users local temp folder on hard disc C. It looks like client created one tempfile per synced file with the same size like the server ones. Furthermore, after the hard disc C was filled, the client didn’t stopped to sync. It wrote in that case empty tempfiles and created empty files in the syncfolder.

I deleted approx. 15 GB of csync tempfiles.

That behavior couldn’t be normal. Do you have any tips for me?

Best regards Jan