[Owncloud] Linux owncloud client

Klaas Freitag freitag at owncloud.com
Mon Oct 15 17:36:02 UTC 2012

On 15.10.2012 19:14, Trey Nolen wrote:

> On 10/15/2012 12:01 PM, Emre Erenoglu wrote:
>> On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 8:54 PM, Trey Nolen <tnolen at internetpro.net> wrote:
>>> I'm having an issue with the new Linux OC client (1.1.0).  I'm running
>>> Ubuntu on the desktop with Unity (yeah, I know it sux) and when I start
>>> the OC client, I don't get a tray icon so I can't configure the client.
>>> I've tried this on a couple of machines which were both running 12.04.1
>>> Ubuntu 64bit.  The 1.0.5 and lower clients worked fine.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>> I think there were some workaround to display QT icons etc in the
>> tray, maybe a google search will help.
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/773307
>>

> Thanks.  That did work, although I'm curious as to why the old versions
> of the client worked without this "fix".
We added some separators and rearranged the menu between 1.0.5 and
1.1.0. That said, Danimo figured that if we remove the separators, the
menu works. Strange indeed.

The (simple) patch is in the OBS:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file?file=occ-1.1.0-ubuntu-tray.patch&package=owncloud-client&project=isv%3AownCloud%3Adevel&rev=facb42d3d77165dc8e4f32d351d5e4c9

Maybe you want to try or install a package from OBS.

Klaas