[Owncloud] apps review and categories

Thomas Tanghus thomas at tanghus.net
Mon Oct 15 14:04:54 UTC 2012

On Friday 12 October 2012 16:30 Frank Karlitschek wrote:
> On 12.10.2012, at 14:24, Thomas Tanghus <thomas at tanghus.net> wrote:
> >> ownCloud versions:
> >> (...) Currently it is only possible to select one ownCloud version. In
> >> the future when we have apps that are compatible with different releases
> >> we
> >> will add options to select several different versions.

1)
> > Will this be so you can both select that a download supports several
> > versions, or have several downloads that supports different versions?

2)
> > Since "Improvements for the “required version test” blocking apps" is on
> > the list for the dev meeting I'm guessing it will be up for revision
> > after that?

> Hmm. I don´t really get what you mean. :-)
> Currently you can only select one ownCloud version as compatible with an
> app. I will extend this soon to support several version. Definitly before
> ownCloud 5. Not a lot to discuss here. We just have to do it :-)

And I'm not really sure which of the questions you are referring to ;)

1) Will there be an option for having several downloads for an app, each
supporting different ownCloud versions, and/or will you be able to set one
download as supporting several ownCloud versions?

2) There have been a lot of talks both on the ML and on IRC on what the
"require" element actually means. Now it means that it has to match the
(internal) version exactly, which would effectively void the upcoming
apps.owncloud.com functionality of supporting several versions. Suggestions
have been made to make it mean that it requires *at least* the specified
version, or that we would need additional/alternative tags for this.
I haven't seen any decisions being made on this (I might have missed it?), and
since it is one of the discussion subjects for the dev meeting, I assumed a
decision would be made then.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Tanghus