[Owncloud] ldap problem

Arthur Schiwon blizzz at owncloud.com
Mon Oct 15 10:49:48 UTC 2012

On Saturday, October 13, 2012 12:37:13 PM Tobias Hachmer wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> just installed owncloud 4.5.0 and configured to get users, owncloud
> quota and e-mail from openldap. The authentication of users is working,
> but the quota and email field is empty, it's not working to get these
> fields from ldap.
Surprise me, I will have a look.

> Second, changing userPassword also doesn't work.
> Please let me know if you need more information...
We do not support writing to LDAP (yet), thus the password reset won't work.
Since local accounts are possible (and maybe other backends), we cannot simply
not show the "Lost your password?" link.
I agree we should improve it with better error messages, e.g.

Cheers
Arthur