[Owncloud] Outdated apps on apps.owncloud.org

Christian Reiner foss at christian-reiner.info
Sun Oct 14 01:51:30 UTC 2012

Hello Frank, hello all,

On Friday 12 October 2012 20:22:47 Frank Karlitschek wrote:
> Only compatible apps show up inside ownCloud.
> On apps.owncloud.com there is now a "Depends on ownCloud 4.5" field.
> But this is not yet set and visible for the old apps.

ah, ok, thanks for pointing me to that option. I was wondering already what
the actual changes are that were introduced.
One question to that flag, about the logic how it is evaluated. Do I see that
right, that an app is offered for activation inside ownCloud if the OC version
is equal or higher that the version chosen as a value for that flag? Such
interpretation is the intuitive way I would expect, but there is no
explanation given. If so, what about that "require" tag inside the
appinfo/info.xml file every app brings along: does still the same logic exist
as implemented in version 4.0.x? Because both flags obviously deal with the
same logical complex...

Thanks!
--
Christian Reiner (arkascha)